Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Savannah Belle!!!

Saturday we celebrated Savannah's first birthday!  She woke up in the morning to me singing Happy Birthday to her.  She looked at me and gave me the biggest, sweetest smile!  We hope you enjoy these pictures as much as we enjoyed celebrating her special day!!!


After breakfast, Savannah decided she wanted to play with her cup on top of her empty diaper box.  It was her day, she could do just about anything she wanted.









While Savannah napped, I went to my ward's Relief Society Birthday Brunch.  After she woke up and had something to eat I came home and we ran our birthday present errands.  Here we are picking up Savannah's new car seat:

She couldn't twist her arm back to reach the gigantic box so she wised up and twisted her torso.  Wow!  What a cool car seat!!  She gets to graduate from that blasted rear-facing car seat!  Graduating is so much fun!  Savannah is moments away from forward facing.  Josh and I are very excited because now we will return to both sitting in the front instead of taking turns sitting with Savannah in the back seat.

On the way to the store I called my mom and she sang to Savannah.  Savannah sure was a happy one year old!!




After we got home Savannah had her second nap.  Following that nap she ate a late lunch and we colored Easter eggs.  She was so fascinated by it!  We had a lot of fun with it.










After a while Savannah lost interest and occupied herself with playing on the floor.  One of her favorite items of the afternoon was the Minnie Mouse doll that Grandma Great and Cowboy Bob sent her.

When Grandma Kelly got back from picking up Grandpa Bill we opened presents.  You know she got a forward facing car seat but what you didn't know is that she got some clothes, a booster seat for eating, and a ball.  She thoroughly enjoyed climbing all over her booster seat and car seat.

Jack was more into the ball than she was, so much so that the Easter bunny received a last minute memo.

I wanted to make her a cute cake and finally settled on making a fish bowl.  I think I did a pretty good job with it and it tasted supper yummy!


Cake time!!!  Savannah was more into the candle than all the singing and the cake itself.



Digging in!



She was hesitant at first but soon got the hang of it.  She doesn't have time to make a mess, she only has time to eat.  Yum!  Here she is sucking the sugary goodness off her fingers:

Washing it down with cow's milk.  This was her first taste.

Savannah finally stopped being dainty about it and dug in.  Her version of digging in only involved her hands...












LAME!  We needed a bigger mess.  I stepped in to lend a finger across her forehead.  What a lucky girl, she had dessert before her dinner.

And now, for the day's finale, Savannah's birthday bath...


7 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Savannah!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Happy Birthday Savannah! And way to go on the cake mom!

cAsSy said...

Looks like she had a blast!!!

matheson memories said...

way cute cake! do you want to make one for Rylee? :) hahah
Talya

Veronica said...

That depends Talya, what do you have in mind?

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Savannah !! Love your cousins in Cali :)
Jenn , Dan , Isaac and Eli

cAsSy said...

I just noticed she is wearing the outfit I bought her for Christmas. I love it!!!