Friday, March 21, 2008

The biggest fall of her life

Yesterday Savannah had the biggest fall of her life.  Every night Savannah eats dinner, has a bath, and goes to bed.  It was approaching dinner so I took her down stairs to get her towel and washcloth so we were ready for the plunge.  Then, holding her, I got her dinner ready, put her in her high chair and fed her.  She enjoyed every bite.  She ate Chicken with sweet potato and carrots with her cereal and yogurt.  Around the same time as all of this Grandma Kelly was doing laundry so that Grandpa Bill had clothes to wear to work today.  When Savannah was all finished eating I put her on the floor while I cleaned up her dinner.  We do it all the time and she loves the freedom.  All of a sudden, as I am walking back to where I put Savannah after putting some garbage in the trash, we hear...

{www.tothegame.com}

I run quick as lightening only to find the gate blocking the stairs was left open and Savannah was laying at the foot of them and started to cry.  Thankfully she landed so that her feet were towards the tile floor saving her head from serious injury.
{www.cityofsound.com}

We don't know if it was Kelly or me who left the gate open and it doesn't matter.  Savannah survived with not even a scratch on her.  We have been BLESSED!  I held her while she cried which didn't even last five minutes.  She bounces back really fast!  The rest of the night when she would fall, or even plop on her bottom, she would whine a little; that is the extent of the damage.  Thank heaven Savannah is okay and always remember to CLOSE THE GATE!!!

2 comments:

cAsSy said...

This happened to Jack when he was a wee lad. The gate appeared to be shut but was not latched and he used to to help him stand and well....you can assume the rest. It was so sad. I bawled for days. He is so tough he didn't even cry. He seemed a little startled but other than that totally scratch/bruise free. The worst part is I saw it happen and just wasn't fast enough to snatch him up before the plunge.

cAsSy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY GIRL!!! LOVE YOU LOTS!!