Tuesday, February 5, 2008

20 Steps

Savannah is a walking girl!!!  Last week Savannah started taking just a few steps.  She would step with one foot then the other and decide it was too much and, with control, get back into the crawl position and take off.  At one point she took six steps but I didn't consider her a walking girl.  It wasn't until Sunday that I classified her as a walker.  She took about 20 steps walking to me across the kitchen!!!!  I couldn't believe it!  We made a game of it.  We would put her one of the kitchen chair so she could get her balance and then we would sit by the fridge and she would walk to us.  From time to time she wouldn't make it but that is to be expected.  A few times she would be so excited that she just couldn't contain herself.  She would start off too quickly and barely make two steps.  Now it is just a matter of time before she is so confident that crawling is a thing of the past.  This shot was taken on Monday just as she was taking off; Savannah walked across the living room to me from the couch.  I had her shirt so she when she got to me I put it on her. (Note: For some reason no matter how I rotated this photo it wouldn't upload right side up.  Turn your heard for the proper effect.)

3 comments:

Molly said...

Go Savannah!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Yeah Savannah! Hopefully Allison will be joining you soon!

Thanks so much for getting a hold of me about the blogs. I will love to get to know you better this way. Your layout is so cute too! And, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to get together sometime for a playdate with some of the girls in the ward. If you do--I will start arranging.

cAsSy said...

way to go girlie!! you should film her for all of us at a distance to see!!

I love that little girlie girl.