I want to see the world! I decided that from time to time I will post about places I need to experience.
Have you heard of The Cinque Terre?

This is a place right out of a fairy tale. I need to visit this place so bad. I heard about it from two New Zealanders while in Roma,Italy. The Cinque Terre was their next destination while mine was Nice, France. I could have made a detour to visit so that I could marvel at The Cinque Terra. I chose to stick to my plan. Had I chose to make the detour I would not have made it home. On my second day in Nice I bought my ticket to Paris; I found out the train was going on strike the day after my ride back to Paris. If I delayed my visit to Nice I would not have been able to make my flight home because the train would not be running.
The Cinque Terra is arguably the most beautiful coastline you will ever find in Europe. It is made up of five neighboring towns. It is an awesome site; olive groves and vineyards cling to the hillsides with the five villages right above the sea and coves in the cliffs.
Can you imagine eating in a restaurant where you look over to the left and you have an amazing view of the sea that just drops down. There aren't any cars or big buildings. If you don't want to pay for your stay in body parts you will stay in La Spezia or Genoa and take a train or bus part way and walk the rest.
This is a place where your cares melt away. The ultimate in relaxation. The main things to do there are walk through the villages on trails with amazing views, swim in the Mediterranean and soak up the sun, and eat eat eat amazing local food. Because this gem of a place has been discovered I have heard to keep your visit to the weekdays so you can fully enjoy this place with out an abbundance of tourists. You need to experience The Cinque Terra as it was meant to be experienced. Happy Traveling!P.S. I would love to learn Italian! In my life time I want to become many-lingual. Who has room in their vocabulary for just one or two or even three languages? I don't know how many are in my future but that is a special goal I have.
{The Cinque Terre pictures courtesy of QT Luong www.terragalleria.com}
{Globe picture courtesy of Nick Greene www.about.com

3 comments:
My bro and his wife went there this past October. Check out their pictures! I would totally go there for our "tropical" trip we've been talking about. Oh wait. The whole point of a tropical trip was so that you guys would snorkel with me. We'll stick to tropical.
http://itsgoodtobeashleycarter.blogspot.com/2007/10/cinque-terre.html
I totally share your desire to go here...I spent a month in Europe and didn't get to travel here, but if I ever get to go back--I will spend more than a week in Italy....so beautiful.
I was googling the other day (that sounds dirty) and found a place in Greece I would love to take me and Steven. The pictures were so beautiful. It looked like an ancient San Fransisco.
Post a Comment