This is my first tag! I hope to do you all justice. Are you ready for my 6 facts/habits?!?!?! You better be! Brace yourself because you are in for a treat...1. For a good while in high school I belly danced. I even danced in front of my high school twice for our annual International Day. I didn't keep with it long enough to join a troop but I had a ton of fun along the way. For a while, some of my girl friends requested I teach them how to dance. I gave in and we had a little dancing night. It was so much fun! I got into it at a really young age but I had to wait until I was 15 before I could take classes. My mom and dad took classes when I was 5 (almost 6) while mom was pregnant with my sister Dianna. Mom told me stories about how she would take me to the classes and I would join the group in dancing in the circle. I took little breaks when I got a side cramp. I don't remember for sure but I think around the time of these classes I learned to roll my stomach because I was able to do that years before I was able to take classes. I have a Halloween picture where I dressed up as a belly dancer when I was 6. I should scan it and share it with you.
2. I bite my nails. It is a horrible habit! When I am not biting them I pick at them. I am not one of those gross biters that bite their nails as far up the nail as they can. I stick to biting what you clip with clippers. You can't tell unless you catch me red handed. I don't ever do it in public, just in the comfort of my own home. When I do it it isn't as glamourous as Marilyn.
3. I love the beach. I hate getting sand in my nails and every where else it hides but I love love love the beach! I enjoy laying in the sun after lathering myself in sun screen (not tanning oil). I love exploring tide pools. I love having little picnics and bonfires with friends. I love the smell of the sea unless it smells really rotten. I love the tradition Josh and I have getting a carmel apple on the Pier in Santa Cruz.I love those days when you look out and see sea otters or sea lions and an occasional whale (only seen this in Santa Cruz like twice in my life). I love the jelly fish season when you walk along the beach and tons of jelly fish are beached. I love playing Smash Ball or Volley Ball in the sand. I love those big sun hats that seem to fan out for miles. I hate how cold the water is but then there is always Hawaii. I don't care for sea gulls, they are every where and they don't leave you alone but if they weren't there it wouldn't be right. I just love the ocean. I used to live just 30-40 minutes away from the beach but now I live so very much farther. A lake definitely comes in second place as far as favorite water spot but it isn't the same.
4. I love colored shoes. I could care less about day to day shoes being colorful but I care about my dress shoes being colored or unique. I don't have many because my pocket book doesn't allow
this indulgence. Nothing is better to me than getting ready for church or some special occasion and then putting on beautiful shoes that just POP! I have these amazing red shoes by Franco Sarto that I just adore. I bought my sister some BCBG shoes that cost a pretty penny for Christmas a few years ago. She didn't like them because they have a pointed toe; not an ugly point, a classy point. Now she adores them and shares my appreciation for delicious shoes! I do have a pair of black shoes that I heart. You would think they aren't anything special but that is until you see them. They have BLING the size of a golf ball. I feel so stylish when I wear them. I don't wear them often, you wouldn't either. That would be like wearing Veeda Wang, Louis Vuitton, or Dior gown to the grocery store - totally disrespectful.

At any moment of any day no matter the circumstances if I were asked or given a pamper it would be, hands down, a facial. I can't afford it now but for a little over a year just before I got married I got a facial every month. It was the best time of my life (figuratively speaking). If I could continue that forever I would. I don't have to say anything because if Josh wants to get me a gift he has no problem knowing the one thing I won't refuse or be disappointed about. The days of wracking his brain over gifts for me have never been, he knows what I like and he knows how to give it to me. Although that doesn't mean I get it every time or that he doesn't mix things up a bit and throw in a surprise, because he does.
4 comments:
Love it! I'll think of what to post and do it in the next few days. And some day I will get a facial. Can you believe I've never gotten one?
Do you think you could get Josh to give Pat the facial secret? Ha Ha. Loved this post!
Ha ha this sounds fun. I will start on it tonight or tomorrow. I changed my settings so hopefully you can post now. I love heels too so I guess I can't use that, but you can find bright cute heels at Forever 21 at the mall and they are 20 or less. No one needs to know they were cheap as long as you wear the with style!!!!
Wow, I didn't know you bite your nails! They always look SO good! And yes shoes are amazing, thank you for rubbing that off on me! In my ward there are a few people who make sure to check out my shoes every Sunday just to see if there is anything new. Love ya sista!
Post a Comment