Guess what will be arriving on Thursday?!?!? This is...
It is our new Blendtec blender that we bought off of Ebay. Josh and I are making some major changes in our diet. I used to think that people who were vegetarians were silly until I read Green for Life and The China Study. Well, I am still reading The China Study but our eyes have been open and we are going raw! Probably 60% raw. What is raw? Well, it is eating raw fruits, veggies, nuts, grains, and other things raw. We will still eat meat on occasion because I do enjoy a four legged meal but we are turing to better health and not looking back. I mentioned a green smoothie in a previous post and those will make up a large portion of our diet; that way we will get things like kale and not puke. I highly recommend these books, they will change your life.Click here to check out Green Smoothie Girl.
And to see how cool our new blender is check out this website here.

3 comments:
Awesome! I think a lot of "religious" folks (ok, I'm referring to some church members I have known) get all up in arms about being vegetarian and start going on rants about how we have dominion over animals and that we're supposed to eat them and blah-blah-blah. But it's so funny that they completely overlook the whole "eat meat sparingly...and in times of famine." SO--I agree and I hope I can jump on this bandwagon soon.
Silly hippies!! :)
I make a raspberry spinach smoothie every morning.
I have recently come to the conclusion that I need to eat healthier. Unfortunately, I can guarantee I won't be taking it as far as you. I don't have that much self-restraint. For now I'm just trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and cut down on Sodium. Good luck!
Post a Comment