Friday, June 13, 2008

So long to the music


For the past few Sunday's I have been envious of my new ward's primary music leader.  I am not into his style of teaching the music because it is boring to me.  His philosophy is to teach the songs and sing them which is fine but he doesn't do games or fun song picks or anything.  When he teaches a song he doesn't even get the kids involved; he tells them the words in the song and they sing it.  YAWN!  Anyway, I have really missed my calling because it was so rewarding and I loved being with the kids and I am pretty sure they loved being with me.  Just thinking about moving away from the ward, because I wouldn't be the music leader, would make me cry.  Josh keeps telling me (when I hope and dream to have that calling again) I need to get over it and I may never get that calling again.  That doesn't sounds really positive but it was, he is always a good supporter and does everything he can to make me feel better.  Talya will do a great job as the music leader in that ward!  I hope everything I organized for the calling will be used and appreciated; when I got the music stuff it was a mess and very incomplete, it took may hours to get everything up to par.  By the end of it Josh was so happy to see it go because of all the time I spent on it.  On my last Sunday the primary made me a card.  I thought I was going to cry then and there but I was able to save it until I got home, read the card, and wallowed in my misery.  Here is the card they gave me and I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

You will be greatly missed! I've never known someone who has loved their calling as much! And I seriously think that you should consider an education in teaching. You definitely have a knack for it.

matheson memories said...

Thank you for all you did to get things going for me. I feel like I am stepping into some pretty big shoes. My first sunday, Troy Porter asked me if I was going to be like you. That means he loved you and that I am going have to work real hard for them to like me as much as you. I still need to get in touch with you, how can I contact you?