Thursday, February 21, 2008

Changing the "Rejected" Approach

Savannah  hasn't come around but my direction changed.  After trying the advice of not giving her anything and she will have milk when she is hungry enough wasn't working for me.  Hour after hour passed and I didn't feel good about it.  When I am hungry I eat and I don't always like or want everything available.  Savannah can't just go to the fridge when she is hungry or thirsty and that is why I am there for her.  I am going to keep offering her my breast and pump to keep up my milk supply for when her strike is over but I won't let her starve!

Bring on the solids and H2O!!!  She is better off getting some calories instead of no calories!
We are the only species that drinks milk after we are weaned.We only drink milk because we are trained, taught, and educated to.  If this strike turns out to be weaning then so be it.  As long as she is gaining weight she don't need no stinkin' milk! 

2 comments:

cAsSy said...

I was talking to my sister-in-law and our nephew Jackson did the same thing. He hated milk, or so it seemed. He went on strike to breast, cow and soy. She was using skim, 1%, and 2% and he wanted whole. He had to use that organic non-hormonal stuff they sell at Costco too. So it's either fatty whole, which was good for him while he was smaller, or organic expensive stuff. She now does the organic but it's worth it for that little guy. You do what you can for your kids. We buy it special when he comes over just in case sometimes. He is 3.5 now and healthy as can be. I hope this gives you inspiration or at least some hope that it will get easier.

Clarissa Meegan said...

I'm so sorry about this dilemma. Allison actually started doing the same thing this week. I'm with you on just pushing the solids and the water. Gracie went on a milk strike for 4 months--and now drinks it without a problem...so I guess it all works out at some point.