Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pie as far as the eye can see

I love pie!  It warms my heart.  Pie can be sweet, pie can be savory and, no matter what, pie always has a place in me.
The only kind pie I have tried that I really don't like is nut pie.  All other pies shine in comparison.  I love a flakey, tender crust, all golden brown...yummmm.  I like to flavor my crusts with seasonings, stocks, and even fruit juices or nectars.  I will eat pie with a plain crust but it just doesn't move me quite like a blast of flavor.  You know when you are almost done with pie and you have a piece of crust left, you normally don't finish it off.  I think that is sad, the pie deserves ever crumb to be consumed.  That is why flavored crusts are such winners.  When its flavored there is no doubt your plate with be licked clean.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about lemon tarts.  I really want to get a few tart pans and try my luck at a lemon tart.  I don't care for lemon unless it is a lemon tart or even a lemon pie.  Don't mistake my love for lemon pie with lemon meringue because that meringue isn't worth chocking down.
You know what I really want?  Its a deep pie tin.  Not one of those regular shallow ones, I want one that could hold its own.  I want to fill my pies to overwhelming heights and goodness.  Just thinking about pies makes my mouth water.  Let me share with you some of my most favorite pie flavors:
chocolate pie with a chocolate cookie crust
berry pie with a streusel topping or even a lattice sprinkled with raw sugar
sometimes only pizza pie can hit the spot
And the ultimate---CHICKEN POT PIE

I make an amazing chicken pot pie.  I got the original recipe off of the Food Network but I changed a little more over a half a dozen things in it so now its my very own.

I love pie and I couldn't imagine my life without it.  Here's to many years of lovin' you...

5 comments:

cAsSy said...

I love chicken pot pie. I make it a lot. mmmhmmmm pie is good.

Clarissa Meegan said...

All I can say is that people are still talking about the chicken pot pie you made for the pie cookoff. I seriously may need that recipe...

Molly said...

Christian, Mr. salty, came home the other night with 2 pies from Marie Calendar's! Why? "I was driving by and they sounded good, so I stopped." I swear, he's developing a sweet tooth. I think it's hilarious. But I definitely don't mind the pies in my fridge...

Veeda said...

I love pie and I love chicken pot pie. Also, I didn't realize you already were tagged, so yay! You got tagged twice and only have to do it once.

cAsSy said...

p.s. can I get your recipe. Steven and I are in need of a new one. Mine is good but it feels like it is missing something.