Josh started a new part time job this last weekend working for the IRS. It is temporary (only for a month) thank heaven! When ever I am on my own I get a taste of just how crazy it is to have a toddler too old to stay still in church meetings and too young to go into nursery. I don't think it would be so crazy if I didn't have my calling as Primary Music Leader. I think out of all the kids Savannah's age at church she is the busiest and most curious. I say that because for the most part every time I see the other kids they are sitting and playing or walking around quietly and calmly. My little one is walking everywhere, touching everything, climbing on things she shouldn't, gibber jabbering really loud, banging on doors, and things like that; she can be quite a handful.
Because of my calling Josh spends the last two hours of church with her. My calling is very time consuming with the kids so I am not able to tend to Savannah while teaching a new song or coordinate a song pick game. When she was smaller she would play quietly in the back of Primary and let me do my thing. Now that she is bigger and all over the place it is a little more challenging. I am so grateful for those sweet sisters who help me out when I am alone. A special Malo goes to Shauna and Virginia for inviting Savannah to come to Nursery on Sunday so I could do my calling. Wir danken dir to Lori who changed Savannah's poop diaper while I was singing with Senior Primary. AND a kansha shimassu to Clarissa for walking to halls while I was picking out GAK pictures for the Prophet Trivia Song Pick game. You all saved me!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
On My Own
Posted by
Veronica
at
7:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good Luck with your toddler wrangling! Arn't we lucky to have help from such amazing women! Todd had to deal with Mason at church at that age too, but I remember when he wasn't there!
Glad I could help out a little :)
I've been there...
wow that sounds familar :) our nursery leader let isaac start early but I stayed in their to help her out :) now he loves it !!
And the countdown to nursery begins! From 13-18 months is just a joke! If it gets too crazy, maybe Josh could take her in early to nursery if he stays with her. I was lucky I got called in to nursery when Jane was 16 months so she got to go early. She is one of the biggest handfuls! I've even had to take her out to Dad! She is so lucky I'm in there because she freaks out if I leave for a second to go get something. But we are really in for it when I get released or when we move.
Post a Comment