Savannah hates grass or I should say used to hate grass. She is still unsure of it but she has found new confidence. She prefers to walk on it with me or Josh holding her hand but the point is she is walking on it!! Way to go Savannah! On the 11th I went to our monthly ladies luncheon. It was a really nice day so all the kids went outside to eat and play. There was a little slab of cement right outside the back door. Savannah would go outside and pace on the cement slab and yell gibberish at the other kids. No matter what she wouldn't dare go on the grass. I don't blame her. Grass is itchy, squishy, and defiantly not as stable as cement. In the end she was bothered that she wasn't playing with the other kids and climbing on whatever she could find in the backyard. Just this last week she worked on her fear. Now she walks willingly on the grass. She still hesitates at the cement grass boarder but she will venture onto the green unknown. If she falls on grass she is disgusted. She will look at her hands and then at me with this horrible face and gets off as quick as she can. It is a work in progress.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Grass Attack!!
Mom! I don't know if I can do this?!?!
It's not so bad but I am not feeling it today, I am hightailing it to the sidewalk.
Much better.
Reverse.
Let me get the paper for you mom.
Wait!!! Up in the sky! It's a bird...it's a...it's more than one bird. Did geese sounds like that all the time? They sure are loud!
Mom! Mom! I found a treasure.
Another treasure...I think I can eat this one.
Dare me to put it in my mouth???
Heading inside. What a bummer! We always have so much fun exploring outside.
Posted by
Veronica
at
7:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
My sister's son hates textures. He doesn't like sand or grass or long carpet. And if he gets anything on his hands he can't do anything else until you get it off. Isn't that funny?
Mason hates walking in grass with no shoes on. He is ok with them on, but refuses to do it without. He isn't a big fan of the way it feels, like if he falls he will make me come help him get up so he doesn't have to touch the grass with his hands to get up!
At least you have a picture of her touching the grass now though, huh?
Jane hated grass too! Savannah's hair is so thick and luscious. I love it.
Post a Comment