I have a lot of catch-up to do. I keep faking you guys out. I am pretty good at making you think I am back to blogging and then disappearing again.
We moved into our new apartment on January first. I made a little video tour and never posted it. Better late than never. We have made some little decoration improvements since the video but all in all it is the same. I can't echo enough my comment on the video about how happy we are in this apartment. It is heavenly compared to the closet we moved from.
One of Savannah's favorite things to do is play the "cozy" game. Basically when the dryer is finished with its cycle she likes to have us take everything out of the dryer one piece at a time and lay it on her so she can be cozy. We have lots of fun with it.

Savannah and I went to California for a weekend in March just before her birthday. I won a bet Josh and I made. If I reached my weight goal first I would get to visit my family in California but if he met his weight goal first he would get a new road bike. Since having Savannah I had a hard time shedding the baby weight by sitting on my rear. I lost a total of 27 pounds to win my trip. It was soooo worth it. I didn't do a very good job taking pictures while on our visit this time. I will do better when I return to sunny California for Dianna's wedding in January.




Savannah started to pretend play. It is awesome seeing her change in the ways she plays. It was just yesterday that she was tinkering with little do-dads but now she is going on bear hunts and spotting dinosaurs. One of her creative play moments is when she takes her socks off her feet and wears them like Cinderella gloves.

Easter was super fun! We spent it together, just the three of us. We talked about Jesus for as long as she focused and then did like five hunts for hard boiled eggs we colored the night before.



Savannah and I went to California for a weekend in March just before her birthday. I won a bet Josh and I made. If I reached my weight goal first I would get to visit my family in California but if he met his weight goal first he would get a new road bike. Since having Savannah I had a hard time shedding the baby weight by sitting on my rear. I lost a total of 27 pounds to win my trip. It was soooo worth it. I didn't do a very good job taking pictures while on our visit this time. I will do better when I return to sunny California for Dianna's wedding in January.
Savannah started to pretend play. It is awesome seeing her change in the ways she plays. It was just yesterday that she was tinkering with little do-dads but now she is going on bear hunts and spotting dinosaurs. One of her creative play moments is when she takes her socks off her feet and wears them like Cinderella gloves.
Easter was super fun! We spent it together, just the three of us. We talked about Jesus for as long as she focused and then did like five hunts for hard boiled eggs we colored the night before.
I had a miscarriage. I was only 6 weeks along but it was long enough that I knew and was getting really excited. I was more bummed out than I thought I would been. I didn't shed any tears or get depressed but I was sad.
About mid May Savannah got a pretty gnarly cut on her nose at school. She will live with the scar for the rest of her life. She was running on the sidewalk under the overhand on the playground and turned around into some other kid and her nose hit the kid square on the back and the blood just gushed!
For some warm weather fun I got a little swimming pool for our patio. Savannah likes to play with it the most inside the house without water in it. Check out how stylish she is...
We made some Amish friendship bread that didn't turn out. Our oven sucks!!! Seriously it is from the 70's and has never been replaced. It drive me nuts. I can't bake anything in it without ruining it. It just doesn't bake evenly! I have seriously considered buying a new one but Josh won't go for it. Savannah is very good at stirring.
We went to the zoo the first Saturday of the month. Savannah has now old enough to where she is really into the animals and is taking about them. Her favorite part of the day was when the Elephant pooped! She is still taking about it. We had a great time sticking our tongues out at the bears (they did it first) and watch the penguins eat their fish, I rode the carousel because Savannah backed out at the last minute, and she had her first taste of cotton candy.
Savannah and I were in a parade. The float sucked! Of course we know this because I had nothing to do with decorating it. It also rained during the parade so what decorations we did have were ruined.
Every kid want to be naked all the time and Savannah is no exception. It is a battle sometimes to keep her diaper on. Every time she wants to strip down to her birthday suit I tell her she has to go potty in the toilet every time and when she does that she can live every moment of her in-door life naked. Amazingly she has rediscovered her desire to sit on the toilet again.
I am 26 now. I had my birthday this month. It was great! Josh and Savannah pampered me. I got an awesome hat from Anthropologie; it has an 8 inch brim! Many thanks to the hat model.

I also got this locket. I saw it on Molly's sister in-law's blog and I had to have it. I am slowly growing a strawberry necklace collection.

Father's day was lovely. Savannah is so obsessed with him that it seems everyday is Father's Day. We got him something special and unique. Are you ready? An oil lamp used used during Christ's life. He mentioned a while back he wanted one so we finally got it for him. Now we have a reminder of the parable of the 10 virgins to look at every day.


Now that I am up to date on the happenings in the Cleverly household I better start coming up with some good ideas for regular blog posts. I remember the good old days when I made a post everyday. I was so proud of my blog back then. It has been too long. It is absolutely my fault but I like to blame my job for it.

Father's day was lovely. Savannah is so obsessed with him that it seems everyday is Father's Day. We got him something special and unique. Are you ready? An oil lamp used used during Christ's life. He mentioned a while back he wanted one so we finally got it for him. Now we have a reminder of the parable of the 10 virgins to look at every day.


Now that I am up to date on the happenings in the Cleverly household I better start coming up with some good ideas for regular blog posts. I remember the good old days when I made a post everyday. I was so proud of my blog back then. It has been too long. It is absolutely my fault but I like to blame my job for it.

4 comments:
Oh my goodness! What an update! I am glad to see there were lots of ups and only one down. :) And I'm so glad you guys are happy in your new place. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Father's Day to Josh! Can't wait to see you in January!! By then we'll have a little nephew for you to hold!
Good for you to do an update. When I skip long periods of time, I just say "you will never know what happened to us during that time. tough." :)
Veronica you look AMA-zah-ZING!!! That was quite an update, but I'm glad you psyched us out with this post!!
Loved to hear an update.
Congrats on the weight loss and the trip.
So sorry about the miscarriage.
Savannah is so beautiful.
Post a Comment