I have wanted to chop my hair off for about five years now. The closest I got to doing it was when I cut my hair while I was pregnant. I didn't cut it because I needed a change like many women do, I did it because even before my pregnancy I wanted it cut but procrastinated. I would talk about it all the time and Josh would encourage me to just do it; so finally I made the appointment. I have been talking about it again because I need to get a hair cut (my layers are no longer layers). When I cut it when I was pregnant I didn't do it how I wanted it because I felt I needed Josh's support; don't get me wrong, I loved the cut. Josh loves love loves long hair so the idea of cutting it really short causes a few uneasy feelings. I totally understand those feelings and respect them so I wouldn't do it. Now I have his full support. There are still some uneasy feelings which is to be expected. I have had long hair for many years so making such a drastic change is scary. We talked for a while about it but in the end we had a happy result. I mean really, if it looks bad it will grow out and then I won't do it again. If it looks good I will have made my peace with it and then grow it out until I get another short hair itch. My sister, Dianna, has a pixie cut. I don't want it that short but pretty close to it. For the record, I am not cutting my hair super short because of my sista. Now, I just need to find someone around the Ogden area who is really good. Kelly (my mother-in-law) goes to a pretty good stylist but I heard that Aunt Lizbeth recently got her hair cut and she said it is the best one she has ever gotten. Lizbeth keeps her hair very short and stylish while Kelly keeps her hair about shoulder length so I am thinking I will go with Lizbeth's lady. I just need to get the 411 and make an appointment. Wish me luck. I will post pictures once it is finish even if it looks bad.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've only known you with long hair. This will be a really cool change! Can't wait to see your new look.
Ooh! I've never even pictured you with short hair! Definitely post pictures!
Post a Comment