Last month Josh had to go to the doctor to get refills for his asthma inhaler. During the appointment the doctor noticed a mole that looked suspicious. What is suspicious really? Aside from the obvious spreading and changing color dramatically. I have a million more moles than Josh and not one mole on my body looks the same. He left the doctor without making an appointment with the dermatologist so they called him. This is serious business! He went in and had the mole removed. The results would be back in ten days. That was Monday. He called today and was told that the mole was pre-cancerous. WOW! The mole was on his stomach. Skin cancer is caused by UV exposure. His stomach only sees the light of day in the summer and infrequently at that. The mole was tiny and dark, I would have never thought twice about it. I sure am glad someone did because once the cancerous cell metastasize (travel) to the lymph nodes five year survival is less than 1:3. This was all too real for a Wednesday afternoon.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Freaky!!! Glad they caught that.
Wow!! So glad that his dr caught that. Cancer is definitely a scary thing.
This is very scary, Veronica. I'm so glad they found it.
that is wild. makes me wonder about my personal smorgasbord of moles.
Post a Comment