The holidays are an excuse for those of us who love chocolate to indulge a bit more than usual instead of limiting our consumption throughout the year. This morning I didn't need to limit my consumption but the consumption of my nine month old daughter, Savannah. You see, in the mornings I wake up and sweep the floor then eat breakfast while my daughter plays at my feet. This morning I opted to shake things up a bit. Instead of sweeping after I set up the morning barricades (so Savannah wouldn't find her way to things she is not supposed to) I prepared my breakfast. While I eat Savannah has to eat or she gets mad so I gave her a small plain piece of bread to munch on while sitting at my feet. She decided to wander around a little while eating her bread which is totally fine. In between bites I would look over and make sure she was doing fine. All of a sudden I looked and saw some brown green spit dripping from her mouth. I rush to her only to see she found an M&M on the floor. She wasn't supposed to have a taste of sweets until her first birthday when she could eat a mini cake just for her. Alas, my plan was foiled all because I had to eat this morning before I swept. Lesson learned: sweep first, eat later.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hurray for the first little sweet! A sweet for the sweet!
Post a Comment