Today is day 8. The 8th day of freezing cold! If you recall my not so popular post December 28th last year that our furnace broke and we were without heat for a day or two. It broke again and we are on day 8. I am tired of cold baby hands a night. I am tired of waking up and getting out of my cozy bed because Savannah woke up being cold and needs some loves and body heat. (Josh has really been doing this, bless his heart.) I am frightened to see our power bill from trying to heat our apartment with space heaters. I am tired of looking at the snow falling outside and not living in conditions much warmer than outside. I am dreaming of a time when I won't see my breath in the comfort of my own home. I am tired of a lot of things right now but I am grateful for a wonderful landlord. He has come every time we have called and replaced just about everything but the furnace trying to solve our problem (even at 2 am). I am grateful that we have friends offering their extra blankets and heaters. I am grateful that my sister and her husband were troopers for the three days they were here enduring our sub zero conditions. I am grateful for the special family in our ward inviting us to dinner and allowing us to spend however much time we needed getting cozy in their home. Lets all cross our fingers and hope that tonight will be our last night of North Pole conditions. We welcome the HEATER REPAIR MAN tomorrow!
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sweet! I hope he fixes it for good! :)
We're doing that by choice. We're so cheap that we rarely turn any kind of warmer-uper on. Hope everything gets all fixed, soon and by soon I mean tomorrow!!
I know we are an hour away but you can always stay here. I don't those cute kidos to get sick!!! Seriously we have a bed and an air mattress available and a crib in the basement. I know I don't have kids but yes I have a crib. Seriously!!! Don't suffer! If you need us call us. I have an extra space heater as well.
Veronica!!! I had no idea. You know you guys are welcome here! I hope it will be taken care of permanently.
I came home to a wonderfully warm home today! The heater guy has to come back tomorrow to replace a part but he got it working!!!!
Post a Comment