I was reading in parenting magazine (the free issue you get when you buy something at Motherhood Maternity) about grocery shopping. The USDA reported that families of 4 spend $750 to $1,200 a month on groceries. (This was by memory so it could have been a family of 5.) I know I barely have a family of 4 but we spend $50 a week on groceries unless there is a holiday, birthday, or we are having company stay at our house. How much is our grocery bill?
Monday, August 16, 2010
You spend how much on that?!?!
Posted by
Veronica
at
1:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Holy cow. We spend $100 a week on groceries. I couldn't imagine being able to only spend $50.
You rock! I usually spend $200 every other week at Costco. Or if we got to smiths instead we spend about $75 a week. But then I do stock up at Costco and case lot sales so I don't have to buy a lot of stuff all the time.
We budget $200 a month. But that includes toilet paper, napkins, toilet bowel cleaner, tampons, shampoo and all that stuff. We usually only spend 100-150 of it so the rest goes into a fun money jar that we save for trips, presents, or splurges.
Yesterday I went shopping and I saved a few bucks. I made it on $46.18 for the week. WooHoo!
How in the world do you guys get away with only $200 a month? Do groceries just not cost anything in Utah?? I guess we do have 3 adults and one baby to feed, but the difference still seems huge.
Or maybe it's the fact that Christian always comes home with Cheetos and soda...
I make a menu and we stick to it. We only purchase what we need for each meal. We buy store brand items instead of name brand. We only buy fun things like a ice cream when we spend less than our weekly $50. We only buy meat on special occasions. I make bread instead of buying it. I know there is more that we do but that is just a short list.
Post a Comment