I read a comment from some lady that turned out to be something she posted on facebook. She said, on the subject of breast feeding in public, "If you don't want to see me nursing my baby, feel free to put a blanket over your head."
That comment just got me going! Isn't there a standard!?! Out of respect for others and for your body shouldn't a breast feeding mother feed discreetly? I think so. I get that putting a blanket over you and a baby is hot and uncomfortable when it is hot outside. And it sure is inconvenient in a public place and tricky. But, nobody wants to see your breast and it is completely inappropriate for young children in public especially impressional young boys. And who in their right mind wants strange men ogling you while you feed? By all means bare all in your own home but have some decency when you are in public!


5 comments:
I totally agree with you. I feel very uncomfortable when there is some woman breastfeeding her baby in public without a cover. I don't want to see that!
Oh... one of Jesse's relatives came to my baby shower for Hayden in a "wife beater" tank top, no bra on, and started nursing her little girl in the circle. YUCK!!!
Some people are brave/ nuts!
I'll have no boobies popping out anytime soon, so no worries on my end. unless it's a wardrobe malfunction. lol
Agreed- those nursing covers are awesome and a much better alternative than a big old blanket. I am very much pro-breastfeeding (I'm doing it with my new little one) but I'm also very pro-cover it up!
I agree with that entirely. Some might argue that they lost all modesty after delivery, but I care too much about my body to let everyone and anyone take a peek/stare. Just because it is what their intended use is, and it's natural, doesn't mean we shouldn't be modest. I love my nursing cover!
There is a HUGE difference in nursing modestly and not even trying to do so! I agree that if it can't be done modestly then cover up. But none of my kids would nurse under a cover so I practiced at home until I was positive no one could see anything, then politely nursed in public :)
Post a Comment