Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yummy!

Savannah just started telling us she is scared and mentioning the dreaded 7 letter word....


M O N S T E R


So, I did what my mom did with me when I tried pulling the old monster routine. We took a little longer reading stories and singing songs and then we had a feast! The scarier the monster the better they taste. It took a little coaxing but when I asked Savannah if the monster she ate tasted like cream she totally caught on. Some of my winning flavors were chocolate, red licorice, play dough ice cream (Savannah's favorite), and strawberries. We haven't had a problem with monsters since.

SCORE: Veronica 1 Monsters 0

4 comments:

Mindy said...

That is way cheaper than all those cans of "monster spray" I have been buying... you are so clever!

Dianna said...

hehe, worked for us! Totally gonna use it for my kids :)

Rachael said...

That is a really good idea! Luckily my kids haven't thrown fits about monsters yet.

Molly said...

So smart! We watch movies sometimes while Christian is at work in the evening (so I can sit and not have to chase G around the house). The other day Christian put on Shrek as he walked out. We usually watch Finding Nemo. Right at the beginning Shrek roars at the townsfolk, and Graham totally got scared and started wimpering! I felt so bad! Of course, we went back to watching Finding Nemo. No monsters for this little baby.