Tuesday, December 29, 2009

For the love of heater

The night before last we woke up at 11:30 freaking out because the phone was ringing and somewhere in the apartment came a horrific screeching sound was resinating through the walls and doors. My first thought was HOLY CRAP! Did the power go out? Is my clock right? Please tell me it is 11:30 and not really 5:30. The phone call was the girl that covered my paper route over Christmas telling me she shoved all the extra supplies in my mailbox. The clock was right, I still had hours of sleep ahead of me. The horrific sound happened to be coming from our heater.
To keep our sanity Josh turned the heater off and I woke up just before 5 to an ice box. We called out landlord who came later that morning. He checked it and said the problem was our filter. We hadn't replaced it yet, I totally forget about little things like that. When I got home for lunch our apartment was again comfortably warm. Around 7:30 that night Josh looked at the thermostat confused. The heat was on at 70 but the reading was between 60 and 65. It was strange but I thought nothing of it, our apartment just hadn't warmed up to 70 yet. We woke up this morning to an even colder ice box! Our landlord came right out and sure enough the motor had expressed its last ounce of life from that horrific sound! What a sad way to die. What a horribly cold two days for us, it took almost the whole day today for our landlord to track down the parts and fix it. I came home for lunch to eat it still wearing my puffy pink jacket to stay warm. The heater is now fixed so we are sitting pretty in our cozy home again. Hooray!

No comments: