Sunday, August 31, 2008

Vacation of LOVE!

Our trip to California was our trip of LOVE because we love California!!  Most of you know  of our misfortune in getting strep throat and Josh washing my cell phone.  I really didn't think it was that dirty but I have been wrong before.  Looking beyond our vacation trials, we had an amazing time!  Special thanks to Molly and Christian for giving us room and board and Richard for letting Josh sleep in his bed.  Please join us on our vacation...


On our vacation we discovered Savannah sleeping like this.  She is the perfect mix of Josh and I because I sleep with my knees up and Josh sleeps with his hands behind his head.
My friend Chelsea got married while we were there and that brought me together with my favorite cousin Celeste and her daughter Ava.  Ava and Savannah never met in person, only in utero.


Savannah thoroughly enjoyed Christian and Molly's hermit crab, Grace.


My Grandma Mary came to visit us.  It was really special because it isn't every day you have four generations together at once.  It is a little added bonus that Savannah is the first great grand child and this is the second time my grandma has seen her.  The first time was days before we moved to Utah.  (From the left: Richard, Molly, Christian, Savannah, Josh, Veronica, Mom, Dianna, Dad, and Grandma Mary.)

We went to the world's most amazing aquarium (Monterey Bay Aquarium).


Then off to Santa Cruz to play at the beach and visit The Mystery Spot.
I believe that every person should see the ocean with their own eyes, it is amazing!
The Mystery Spot:

Santa Cruz Wharf:

At the beach:

I can't believe she didn't get any sand in her eyes!  (She ended her day with WAY more sand on her face.)
Next, we went to our favorite zoo!  I have yet to see a better zoo than the San Francisco Zoo!

Savannah (above) is speechless about the animals (below).
Savannah couldn't get enough of the...
penguins!
While pretending to be a meerkat...

Savannah got this:
Here she is in the petting zoo portion posing  with a lazy goat.
Back at Molly and Christian's the next morning eating breakfast!
Here we are on our way to Tahoe.  Our trip is sadly coming to an end.
Testing out the arctic water with dad.  Yes, I jumped in and it was terribly cold.
Playing with Molly and Christian in the cabin.
Visiting with Grandpa Al before our flight home.  This is just the Aufdermauer Clan.  Growing up we didn't get to see my grandfather much and I made a specific point to have the family visit.  He got to meet his first grandchild for the first time.  It was special.  (From the left: Savannah, me, Mom, Dianna, Richard, Christian, Dad, and Grandpa Al)
We went straight from Grandpa Al's to the Reno airport so we said goodbye to Aunt Dianna...
Grammy...
and Uncle Richard.

We really said goodbye to everyone but not everyone got their own goodbye picture.

6 comments:

Molly said...

Time to plan the next vacation.

Molly said...

That last comment was from Christian. And I think he meant "time to plan our vacation to Utah." :) We had so much fun with you guys here!!

Jenni said...

Unfortunately, there are better zoos than the SF zoo. St Louis has an amazing one that is bigger than SF and it's free. Unfortunately, there's not much else to do in St. Louis. But, if you're ever in the area. Be sure to visit the zoo.

Veeda said...

Oh wow, your little girl is looking more and more like her momma! Veronica, she's a doll.

cAsSy said...

Looks like it was a blast!! Vacations are the best!

Ella said...

Vacations are so much fun. And California is always a good one. Savannah is beautiful! Her hair is already longer and thicker than Jane's. *sigh*