Friday, August 22, 2008

Dunk-a Dunk-a Dunk-a

I had to work last night to get ready for the new school year.  I was running late so I called Josh and got his voicemail.  Of course I apologized and told him I would be there soon.  By some miracle the director showed up and gave me permission for me to take some equipment home which is never allowed.  Sweet!  I got home and Josh was sad that two hours had passed and it was only supposed to be an hour and I had to still work just at home.  (Which, by the way, I am still doing because this week is a nightmare and next week will be the same.)  I asked if he got my message and he said no.  Then he told me why.  He left Savannah in the living room for just a minute to grab something from the bedroom.  When he came back Savannah was dunking his phone in his cup of water.

Yep, now two phones are out of commission; we have no verbal outlet to the rest of the world, only written word via www.  To top it all off, Josh went to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed with bronchitis and Savannah got a prescription to take care of her cough and congestion that has plagued her for two weeks now.  Because Josh and I both have broken phones he had to e-mail work instead of call to let them know he couldn't make it.

GIVE ME A BREAK?

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh my goodness! You poor things! And poor Josh! As if strep wasn't enough, huh? My brother's whole family has bronchitis right now, too. So sad! And about the phones... dunk dunk, huh? :(

LJ, DC and ML said...

Oh you have got to be kidding me! No phones, and bronchitis. Boooo.

the5johnsons said...

Man, I am sorry that things aren't going so well. Strep throat is awful and so is buying cell phones. Hopefully things get better for you soon.